Expect to be astounded!
Hanging Lake is a exceptional place to visit. However, there are a few things you need to know prior to your adventure:
What to Bring:
- sturdy hiking shoes
- comfortable clothing and layers
- a lot of water
- hat, sunglasses and sunscreen
- please bring your patience!
What NOT to bring:
- no dogs, this rule is strictly enforced
- no other animals
- no drones, please. This trail is crowded and it creates a public safety hazard
- 2.4 mi/3.8km total (1.2mi/1.9km each way)
- Steep, rocky trail, switchbacks
- Moderate ★★☆
- Elevation Gain: 1,065ft
- Ending Elevation: 7,200ft
- 1/2 sun, 1/2 shade
- Weak to No cell service
Did you know? There are 7 bridges that cross over Dead Man’s Creek.
Follow these Rules, help us protect Hanging Lake!
- No Camping
- No dogs
- No swimming
- No standing on the log
- No Feeding wildlife