Lake Dillon is the center of attention when it comes to finding something to do in Summit county. The Lake offers endless outdoor activities for those looking to bundle up in the winter or paddle or sail in the summer and fall.
- Ice Fishing
- Skiing at four near by resorts
- Arapahoe Basin located 10 miles east of the lake
- Keystone Resort located 5 miles east of the lake
- Breckenridge (one of Colorado's largest ski resorts) located 7 miles south of the lake
- Copper Mountain is located 8 miles south west from the lake
These resorts are open year round and Breckenridge has summer on-mountain activities. The majority of these ski areas are located on the White River National Forest.
- Fishing (50,000 rainbow trout are restocked into the lake each year)
- Sailing/ Boating
- Paddle-boarding/ Kayaking
- 18-mile paved bike path that circles the lake reaching an elevation of 9,500ft